Wednesday, June 16, 2010

El Fin (The End)

Alright, so this is it huh? The big shebang. The blog to end all blogs. Well, if this is the end, I'm going out in style! (Or at least, I certainly hope so) I in advance apologize for the lateness of night at which this will be posted, for i have been at my little brother’s band concert all day, supporting him with his musical endeavors. Anyways, getting back to my blogs.

In the beginning, the blog assignment seemed silly to me. I almost always half-assed it at the very least, and didn't really get very into my responses, giving very shallow, surface level answers. As the year has progressed though, i have found myself pouring more of my thoughts and own personal writing style into these blogs. In class, while just writing essays, and timed writes, and other various writing assignments, i have found myself constrained to the boundaries of which the assignment had me confined. Outside of the school's formidable perimeter, I can truly express what’s on my mind and what I really think about the topic of the week, and have found it to be a nice change of pace for me!

Along with just the general idea of me being free, i have found the blogs to be quite the inspirational tool for my writing as the year has progressed. It has really let me develop my OWN writing style, and embellish it. No matter how much i might moan, and complain in the classroom about blogging, I personally enjoy being to write in my own way every once in a while, and have found that opportunity with blogging. It has really gotten my creative juices flowing, and for that Mrs. Gilman, I thank you!

I have, however, not completed all of my blog assignments, which is a mark of shame upon my "Online Skyward grades" I unfortunately, am quite forgetful when it comes to things of this nature, even with constant classroom reminders. If I could, I would go back and make sure I did them, and wrote them well but alas, I cannot. If only, if only.

I am happy that you have this blog assignment setup. I personally, got quite a bit out of it, and have become quite fond of blogging. I definitely think that you should continue on with this assignment with your future classes. It's a great assignment and overall learning tool! The only suggestion that I have is to include some broader topics, and somehow integrate the use of constructive peer criticism more comprehensively throughout, other than just 2 comments.

Well, I have promised to go out with a band, and so I shall! With a very wise and emotion filled quote from one Han Solo spoken to Luke. “Well kid, it’s been a helluvah run!”

And that, my friend, is the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment